The Iraq British Business Council is hosting its first-ever tech conference in Baghdad on April 30th at the Babylon Rotana Hotel.
With sessions focused on consumer tech, fintech & finance, and e-government entrepreneurs, participants will be given insights to the potential of the new tech economy in Iraq and how it will be a powerful driver for productivity, transparency, and new employment opportunities.
Free registration. To learn more and register, visit IBBC’s Tech Conference event page.
As part of the IBBC Tech Conference , Iraq Tech Ventures and Arabnet are hosting a tech startup competition to showcase Iraq’s best and brightest tech entrepreneurs on April 29.
Startups will pitch their business in 5 minutes to a panel of judges made up of angel and corporate investors, along with key industry leaders.
The startup battle is being held on April 29 at the Station in Baghdad.
To advance to Arabnet’s Startup Championship in Beirut, startups must meet the following criteria:
- Be a digital service or product
- Be less than 2 years old
- Have less than 30 employees
- Have less than $2M in investment
- Be functional before competition deadline (not in beta phase)
- Apply Here! Applications are due April 15.
3 winners from the Baghdad Startup Battle will receive:
- Entry to the Championship in Beirut, where they will compete in front of regional, local, & international investors
- Accommodation for 1 room during the conference and 1 round-trip flight PER startup
- At the Championship, they will receive:
- A free booth to exhibit at Arabnet Beirut 2019
- Access to the investors’ lounge where they can interact with investors and other startups
- Access to all talks and workshops offered at the conference
- Become part of Arabnet’s Alumni database to learn about future events and opportunities
Registration & Sponsorship
Startups must apply through Arabnet here. Applications are due April 15.
To attend the event, please register by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org.
This is a donation-based event hosted by Iraq Tech Ventures. To speak to us about sponsorship opportunities, please email email@example.com.